Ashgrove Property Services is a family run Estate Agency with an emphasis on the personal touch and delivering exceptional service and support.
Information For Tenants
If you are looking to rent a property in Gloucestershire then we can help.
We will take note of your requirements and notify you of any property we are instructed on that meets them. Viewings can be carried out at a time to suit you.
If you find a property you like we will ask you for a holding deposit and take the property off our availability listings. If the tenancy goes ahead the money will be deducted from monies due. If the landlord declines to go ahead the deposit is returned to you in full. If you decide not to go ahead with the tenancy or fail to supply required information then the deposit is forfeit.
Other information that you will need to be aware of:
- References – A minimum requirement will be satisfactory references from your employer and a previous or current landlord. We may also ask for a personal reference and, on occasions, a guarantor. A credit check will also be undertaken. We may use the services of an independent referencing company to obtain and evaluate these references.
- Rentals – Rents quoted are monthly and payable monthly in advance. As tenants you are responsible for payment of Council Tax, Water Rates, gas, electricity and landline telephone. All rents are payable by bank standing order to our company bank account.
- Deposit – A security deposit of a minimum of one month’s rental must be paid and will be held by mydeposits throughout the tenancy. (Details of mydeposits can be found at www.mydeposits.co.uk.) This is held to cover damage, breakages and any other liabilities under the terms of your tenancy agreement. Under no circumstances can the deposit be used by the tenant to cover rent.
- Tenants Insurance – We can provide leaflets on a variety of insurance policies for tenants, including the following:-
- Contents – Up to your selected sum insured for damage to your household furniture, carpets, equipment, furnishings, clothing and personal possessions whilst in your home (excludes business equipment). This is highly recommended.
- Landlord’s Contents – Up to £2,500 for accidental damage to your landlord’s contents, fixtures & fittings for which you are responsible.
- Personal Possessions – Up to your selected sum insured for loss or accidental damage to your clothing, watches, jewellery, spectacles, other valuables (excluding mobile telephones) and pedal cycles whilst away from your home anywhere in the UK or whilst temporarily elsewhere in the world. Theft from unattended vehicles must be from a locked boot.
Tenant Fees :-
When you apply for a property you will be required to pay a commitment or holding fee of £100.00. This is non-refundable if your application is withdrawn or you fail the referencing criteria, and will be used to cover costs incurred by Ashgrove Property Services. If the application is successful this amount will be deducted from the first month’s rent.
Security deposit :-
This is normally equivalent to one month’s rent.
Change of Start Date or Terms to Agreement :-
£50.00If the documents have already been prepared and printed and any changes are requested by the tenants.
Early release from tenancy :-
If you want to leave the property before the end of the tenancy, the landlord may agree to this, but may ask you to continue to pay the rent and all household bills until the date a new tenant moves in or your tenancy comes to a natural end, whichever is the sooner.
At the End of Tenancy :-
Meeting at the property to go through the inventory and check condition of the property. Take final utility readings, return of keys. You will need to provide proof that all utility bills have been paid in full.
Independent Redress Scheme Provided by: Ombudsman Services Property.
Ashgrove Property Services is a member of a Client Money Protection Scheme. All deposits are registered with mydeposits and paid into a designated client account.
Always receive an excellent service from Ashgrove Property Services, they are efficient and reliable. I have been working with Maureen for over 10 years now and would certainly recommend them to others.
We have been using Ashgrove for several years now and have always received an efficient service from them. I would not hesitate to recommend them to others.
As a smaller landlord, we have worked with Ashgrove Property Services for over a decade. The service received is always very prompt and reasonably priced, David and Maureen offer the personal touch, which is so rare these days. David makes it his business to have a good understanding of each property Ashgrove manages for us.
We get regular property reports, assistance when maintenance is required and we can’t carry out the work ourselves, a service to source and reference new tenants is available which on the occasions we have used it is run very efficiently. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend.
We're here to help ...
Please contact us, we will be happy to help.
07832 359448 (Sales)
07792 752847 (Lettings)
6 Blacksmith Lane,
Gloucester GL3 2EU